How to Become Your Own Barista at Home
One of the main reasons why I purchased my own coffee maker was because I would get frustrated with the way baristas would make my coffee, and I'm sure they did too. I don’t know about you but I’m very picky when it comes to getting my perfect cup of coffee. I mean I'm not that person who needs heavy cream and certain types of flavors, with extra sugar. I like my coffee to taste like coffee!
I don’t have the fanciest coffee maker but I can sure make some good coffee and so can you! At Black Mamba we provide great tasting coffee so all you'll have to do is add your twist of liking.
I want to show you how easy it is to make your coffee the way you love it, and also try something new and introduce you to some amazing international coffee that can change your home coffee game forever!
I love foreign coffee, and the fact that I can remake these amazing tasting coffees at my own home excites me.
Traditional Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- 1 tbsp of brewed espresso beans coffee
- 85ml (1/3 cup) freshly boiled water
- 1-2 tbsp condensed milk
- Ice to serve
Café Cubano/ Cortadito
- Brew your espresso coffee beans (any medium roast coffee beans)
- Add 1/2 tbsp of raw sugar into your mug.
- Add a little bit of your brewed coffee into your mug and stir into the raw sugar in a fast manner until the bit of coffee melts down the sugar and get a nice frothy espuma.
- Very carefully finish by pouring the rest of your coffee into your cup making sure you don’t damage the espuma.
- Lastly, you can add whipped cream on top - which is optional and if you do it, don’t stir.
Italian Affogato Coffee
What about a delicious dessert along a side of coffee to go with that all in one? This amazing tasting coffee is called an Italian affogato coffee — affogato in Italian meaning drowning/ poached. For example, poached eggs in Italian is le uova affogate, so this dessert is like ice cream poached or drowned in warm coffee. Mmm! Sounds amazing right? You can make this at home.
- Brew some espresso coffee beans.
- Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream in a wide range cup/mug.
- And last pour over a shot of espresso.
Now, you can leave it at that and keep it traditional or you can:
- Pour 1 tbsp of nocino nut liqueur or your liqueur of choice over the ice cream (use a nut based liqueur if possible, the nut flavor goes well with coffee).
- Now it doesn’t have to be vanilla ice cream , you can try tiramisu or hazelnut iced cream.
- Or add your own toppings as well.
Adding your own twist can never go wrong.
Bavarian Coffee 🍻
You’ve heard about the Irish and how they drink their coffee, now here is how the Germans do it!
In your choice of mug/cup you want to stir the first ingredient:
- Peppermint schnapps
- Your choice of liquor, I suggest tia maria or kahlua
- Fresh brews espresso coffee
And lastly you want to float the cream over the coffee by pouring it over the back of the spoon and top it off with whipped cream.
Once you get a hang of how easy it is to make your own great tasting coffee at home, you’ll become a pro at it. I’m also including some of my favorite seasonal drinks that on my best and worst day I like making at home.
What you’ll need to make this delicious spiced mocha latte:
In a large saucepan, combine 1 6oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, until chocolate melts:
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp dark roast coffee or 3 tbsp espresso
- 1⁄2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tbsp ground cinnamon sweetened whipped cream for topping.
Whisk in coffee, vanilla, and cinnamon. Serve immediately!
Caramel Vanilla Delight
Ahhh who doesn’t love that hint of Caramel and vanilla?
- Espresso brewed coffee
- French vanilla bean brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp of caramel syrup
- Half & half
Peppermint mocha for the mint lovers also for for those who can’t wait for Christmas, have it in a cup!
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3 tbsp of your liking if sugar
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brewed espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract or 1/2 peppermint candy cane or peppermint syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired
There you have it - your own cup of winter at home, yum!
CAPPUCCINO BANANA & SESAME SEEDS
- Prepare milk froth
- Mix banana syrup with the milk froth/ stir gently
- Pour the froth into your desire cup and pour your espresso coffee
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and dried banana chips as decoration and flavor